Welcome to the Coachella Valley Water District’s rebate portal. Here, you will be able to create an account that will allow you to create a profile and apply for multiple rebates. The rebate programs currently available through this site are sprinkler nozzle rebates, smart irrigation controller installation and turf removal rebates for residential customers.
Convert less efficient spray nozzles to new generation sprinklers and receive a rebate of $4 per nozzle for upgrading your system.
Smart Irrigation Controller Installation
CVWD will install a free smart irrigation controller to help you reduce your water use. The smart controller automatically adjust your irrigation based on the weather. The controller is free and we will install it for you.
Turf Removal Rebate
The Coachella Valley Water District will pay an incentive of $1.00 per square foot for living grass (lawn) that is replaced with a desert-friendly and water-efficient landscape suited to our region’s semi-arid climate or with artificial turf. Restrictions apply, so be sure to read the program guidelines and process guidelines for more information. We also suggest you read the program resources, frequently asked questions and study guide sections of this website to help you get started with your project.
- $1.00 per square foot incentive for removal of living turf.
- To qualify you must remove grass.
- For single-family residential customers, the maximum rebate is limited to $2,000 square feet and for multi-family residential and non-residential customers, the maximum rebate is limited to 25,000 square feet per project.
- You must check with your Homeowner’s Association, City and County for rules and regulations related to landscaping your specific property prior to starting your project.
- This program is designed to eliminate nuisance water, overspray and run-off. CVWD will review the application and provide written approval of acceptance into the program. If the project qualifies for the program, the applicant agrees to the CVWD agreement criteria. You will not be allowed to participate in the program without CVWD approval.
- Computer, Internet, and email access are required to participate on-line. Applications must be submitted through this website, paper applications can be accepted by mailing a completed application, sketch and project image to:
CVWD Turf C/O
27349 Jefferson Ave, Suite 212
Temecula CA 92590
- The completed Project area must remain in compliance with all Program conditions for a period of at least 5 years from the date of Project approval.
Para información en español, llame al (760) 398- 2661.
Thank you for your interest in helping us conserve water! Create an account now to apply!